APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023 GALLERY EXHIBITION PROGRAM ARE NOW OPEN!
INVITATION TO ARTISTS
Praxis Artspace invites all artists, curators, and collectives to apply to exhibit in our gallery space. Applications will be assessed on the basis of artistic merit and innovative and effective use of the gallery space.
We are currently offering opportunity to exhibit FEB - APRIL 2023 ONLY.
APPLICATION IS NO GUARANTEE OF ACCEPTANCE.
If selected, artists will be required to enter into a contract outlining responsibilities for installation and de-installation. The gallery’s regular opening hours are Wednesday to Saturday 11am – 4pm.
Gallery fees cover the preparation of gallery material. Exhibitions will be promoted by Praxis Artspace via our website, social media and email channels.
As an independently funded gallery we charge a small fee (depending on the area utilised) and charge 40% commission on sales. Prices include a 3-4 week exhibition with 1 week bump in and 2-3 day bump out.
Main Gallery: $550
AV Room: $250
Foyer Galleries: $250
Front Gallery: $250
- Exhibition install assistance.
- Gallery invigilators for gallery opening hours (Wed-Sat).
- Exhibition opening event with paid staff.
- Gallery designed and printed hard copy invites.
- Gallery designed e-invites for artist distribution.
- Online product listings for ease of collector purchase.
- Curatorial advice
- E-newsletter promotion
- Online listing and promotion through gallery’s website, Facebook and Instagram.
- Documentation of exhibition and archiving on gallery website for posterity.
- Exhibition Listing in Art Guide.
- Wall mounted artist statement and artwork listing.
- Museum quality lighting.
HOW TO APPLY:
All proposals are to be emailed in a single PDF file. We require:
– 200 word PROJECT SUMMARY – a brief outline of the conceptual basis of your proposed project.
– 200 word PROJECT DESCRIPTION – a clear outline of the form the work will take, and how it will utilise the gallery space. Please also indicate preferred exhibiting month.
– One page artist CV. If a group show please include CVs for each artist and curator if relevant.
– SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS – maximum of 10 .JPEG relevant images (each image under 500KB) or up to 5 minutes of video or sound (as vimeo/youtube links). If group show please include at least 3 relevant images from each artist.
Proposals for the 2023 gallery program are due by 3 December 2022, MIDNIGHT.